In 1951, the historic Saegmuller estate at 5115 Little Falls Road in Arlington, VA was purchased by, and became the official home of, the Knights of Columbus Edward Douglas White Council No. 2473. In 1954, the first swimming pool was built; followed by a second swimming pool, a larger baby pool, a new bathhouse and a snack bar. The AKC Holy Mackerels swim team was created and joined the Colonial Swim League.
The Holy Mackerels Swim Team is an unincorporated association managed by officers (“the Board”), nominated and elected from swim team parents.